- Reference: Centers for Disease Control Travel Health Alert Notice on Measles: (https://go.usa.gov/xQU8G).
- Issue: The Center for Disease Control (CDC) issued a Travel Health Alert Notice regarding Measles Outbreaks in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Pacific. Measles remains a common disease in many parts of the world, including areas in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Pacific. Worldwide, 19 cases of measles per 1 million persons are reported each year; about 89,780 die. In the United States, most of the measles cases result from international travel.
- Guidance: U.S. maritime industry stakeholders are advised to follow CDC guidelines for vaccinations. Further updates will be provided through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at: https://go.usa.gov/xQU8G.
- Contact Information: Any questions regarding this advisory should be directed to the CDC at: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/dcs/contactus/form.
- Cancellation: This advisory will automatically expire on November 13, 2018.