Maritime Administration – Careers
Welcome to the career page for the United States Department of Transportation, Maritime Administration (MARAD). We are glad that you are considering a career with us. MARAD is a Federal agency responsible for promoting the development of a strong, sustainable and safe U.S. maritime industry. Our mission is to ensure the U.S. has a strong and viable maritime industry supporting our National security and economic growth.
Join Our Team
- Trade Specialist
- Associate Administrator for Environment and Compliance
- Engineering Technician
- Marine Surveyor
- Marine Transportation (Asst./Assoc. Professor)
- Environmental Protection Specialist
- Administrative Officer
- Preservation Servicer
- Crane Operator Leader
- Small Craft Operator
- Director of Ship Operations
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits packages, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement, including training and education programs.
- A supportive work environment that values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
- The opportunity to make a difference in supporting the U.S. maritime industry and our Nation's economy and security.