It is the mission and responsibility of this Office to develop, coordinate and oversee Agency matters related to security of the Marine Transportation System (MTS). This incorporates all issues relating to security policy, plans, operations, compliance, research, development, and exercises.
- Global Maritime Situational Awareness
- Data Support to analyze the Marine Transportation System
- Maritime Warning Program for U.S.-flag vessels
- Expertise for maritime security training, exercises, and operations
- International Standards and best business practices