How to Apply
Prior to filing the application, a pre-application meeting(s) should be set up with the Director, Office of Marine Financing to discuss the application and its requirements.
Title XI Application Process
Priority for Application Processing
The following is a summary of the priority for consideration of applications mandated by the program’s authorizing statute –
- Vessels suitable as a naval auxiliary vessel and meet a shortfall in sealift capacity or capability;
- Vessels of National Interest; and
- Shipyard modernizations and any vessels that do not meet the above requirements.
Applications are generally processed in order of receipt but are not required to be approved in that same order. Processing times vary based on complexity of the project and/or transaction structure and the responsiveness of the applicant during the MARAD review.
Title XI Applications
- Pending Applications - as of February 15, 2024
- Outstanding Guarantees - as of August 1, 2023
- Previously Approved Applications - as of February 22, 2024